Following his graduation from law school, in 1979 Tony Ross joined his well-known father, Vincent Ross, in the practice of law. Together they formed the law firm of Ross & Ross, P.C.
Initially, Ross’ practice specialized in felony criminal cases focusing on first degree murder cases, plaintiff personal injury and domestic cases.
Over time, Ross’ practice became primarily focused on plaintiff personal injury and domestic relations cases. He has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers In America in the area of domestic relations.
In addition to maintaining an active law practice, in 1995, Ross was appointed to the Wyoming House of Representatives where he served until 2004 when he was elected to the Wyoming State Senate.
During his time in the Wyoming State Legislature, Ross has devoted a lot of time to the creation and amendment of various pieces of legislation regarding children’s welfare such as the creation of Kid Care, juvenile justice and the modification of child support statutes. Ross has chaired a number of committees and subcommittees and in the Wyoming State Senate he has served as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee since 2006. In 2009, Ross was elected by his peers to serve as Vice President of the Senate. From 2011-2012 Ross served as the Majority Floor Leader in the Wyoming State Senate. In 2013 he was elected again, this time as President of the Senate. From 2015-2016 Ross served as Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee.
In 1997, Ross and his father formed Ross, Ross & Santini, LLC with George Santini.
Ross’ current practice continues to focus on plaintiff personal injury and domestic relations cases. Ross provides compassionate and effective representation for people in their greatest time of need whether as the result of a catastrophic injury or the break up of a family.
Anthony F. Ross was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 in the fields of Family Law, Family Mediation and Government Relations Practice.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Guardian Ad Litem
-Powers of Attorney
- Misdemeanor Criminal Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wyoming, 1979
- Colorado, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
-J.D. – 1978
- University of Puget Sound
-B.A. (Cum Laude) – 1975
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Laramie County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Wyoming State Bar, Member
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 1992 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
Past Employment Positions
- State Senate, Staff Attorney, 1980 – 1982
- House of Representatives, State of Wyoming, Member, 1995 – 2004
- Senate, State of Wyoming, Member, 2004 – 2016
- Senate, State of Wyoming, Vice President, 2009-2010
- Senate, State of Wyoming, Majority Floor Leader, 2011-2012
- President of the State Senate, State of Wyoming, 2013 – 2014
- Senate, State of Wyoming, Chairman of Appropriations Committee, 2015-2016