George Santini began his legal career in 1981 as a law clerk for Justice Richard V. Thomas of the Wyoming Supreme Court. After completing an initial 2 year term as Justice Thomas’ law clerk, Santini was requested by the Court to extend his clerkship for an additional year to provide continuity and guidance for newly hired clerks.
Santini entered private practice in 1984 when the former US Attorney whom Santini had worked for as an intern while still in law school, recruited Santini to work for a newly formed law firm which emphasized plaintiffs’ personal injury, employment law and civil rights litigation. Santini soon became a shareholder in the firm and developed an expertise in the areas of personal injury litigation and workers’ compensation.
In 1993 Santini formed his own solo practice devoted to plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation and claimants’ workers’ compensation. That year, he served as president of the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Associate in addition to his work as a practicing attorney.
By the mid-1990’s, Santini began to be contacted by a new type of customer. Insurance companies and claims managers were asking Santini to represent their customers in personal injury actions and wrongful death claims. Because of his understanding and experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants, Santini provides an unusually deep and broad base of insight and knowledge to assist in clients in the litigation process.
In 1997 Santini joined forces with Anthony F. Ross and Ross’s father, the legendary Vincent “Vince” Ross to form Ross, Ross and Santini, LLC. In January 2020, partner Anthony Ross was appointed to Senior Municipal Judge, thereafter Santini continues his practice solo to date forming Ross & Santini, LLC. Currently, Santini’s practice focuses on litigation representing both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury, wrongful death and other matters. He continues to be recognized as one of the leading authorities in the field of workers’ compensation law in the State of Wyoming. He has been recognized as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” © for more than 10 years in the field of personal injury litigaton. The Wyoming Trial Lawyers awarded Santini its highest honor, the “Lifetime Achievement Award” in 2009.
Santini takes pride in being able to provide innovative, effective representation in a broad range of cases. He provides hands-on litigation experience in matters ranging from multi-million dollar wrongful death claims to assisting clients in obtaining disability benefits. When it comes to his clients, Santini believes each client is entitled to his best efforts to achieve a fair and just result.
George Santini was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in “The Best Lawyers in America” © 2015 in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs; Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants; and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Insurance Defense
- Workers Compensation
- Employment Law
- Civil Litigation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wyoming, 1981
- Colorado, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of Wyoming, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2009
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming
- J.D. – 1981
- Law Review: Land and Water Law Review, 1979 – 1981
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
- B.S. – 1978
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: President’s Honor Roll (4.0/4.0) 5 Semesters
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Economics
- Note Land & Water Law Review, 1980
- Comment Land & Water Law Review, 1981
- “A Compromise Broken: An Analysis of Wyoming Workers Compensation Legislation 1986- 1997.”, Land & Water Law Review, 1998
- “Changes Leave Room for Improvement”, Wyoming Lawyer, Vol. 32, No.3, 2009
- State ex rel/ Wyoming Workers Safety and Compensation Division v. Johnson, 2008 WY 85, 185 P.3d 16 (Wyo. 2008)
- Killian v. Caza Drilling, Inc., 2006 WY 42, 131 P.3d 975 (Wyo. 2006)
- Nish v. Schaefer, WY 85 138 P. 3d 1134 (Wyo. 2006)
- Hjelle v. Midstate Consultants, Inc., 394 F. 3d 873 (10th Circ. 2005)
- SOS Staffing Services, Inc. v. Fields, 2002 WY 141, 54 P.3d 761 (Wyo.2002)
- In Re Keck, 985 P.2d 430 (Wyo. 1999)
- State ex rel. Wyoming Workers’ Compensation Division v. Roggenbuck, 938 P.2d 851 (Wyo. 1997)
- Harbel v. Wintermute, 883 P.2d 359 (Wyo. 1994)
- McCullough v. Golden Rule Insurance Co., 789 P.2d 885 (Wyo. 1990)
- Katona v. City of Cheyenne, 686 F.Supp. 287 (D. Wyo. 1988)
- Ball v. State ex rel. Wyoming Workers Safety and Compensation Division, 2010 WY 128, 239 P. 3rd 621 (Wyo 2010)
- Lane-Walter v. State ex rel.Wyoming Workers Safety and Compensation Division, 2011 WY 52, __P.3rd __ (Wyo 2011)
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Ensign United States Drilling, Inc.
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 1993 – Present
- Mountain States SuperLawyers, 2007 – Present
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association Life Time Achievement Award- June 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wyoming State Bar Association, 1981 – Present
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, President 1993-94, 1987 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1989 – Present
- Wyoming Permanent Rules Advisory Committe (Civil Division), Chairman since 1997, 1989 – Present
- Workplace Injury Litigation Group
Past Employment Positions
- Santini Law Offices, P.C., 1993 – 1997
- Graves, Santini & Villemez, P.C., Member, 1986 – 1993
- Charles E. Graves & Associates, Associate, 1984 – 1986
- Wyoming State Supreme Court, Law Clerk for the Hon. Richard V. Thomas, 1981 – 1984
- United States Attorney for the District of Wyoming, Legal Intern, 1980 – 1981
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
George Santini was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers